• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anandtech's DDR2 /w Conroe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yensen

Does anyone know what's going on with Anandtech? Are the servers down or what? I'd like to read the DDR2 test they had a week(?) ago again, so if anyone has it in their cache or something... you know ;)

If I remember correctly, there was no significant performance boost using expensive RAM. Gaming/overclocking-wise a 667 / 3-4-4-8 rated chip kicked ***... Right?

Depends on how high of a FSB you plan to run. With a modest O/C then DDR2-667 will probably be fine. For those that wanna run 400 FSB, then DDR2-800 is a must.

400fsb on a E6600 would be how many mhz? Can't remember multiplier and stuff. I'm gonna cool with Tuniq Tower, so I can probably get good clocks, if only the RAM isn't a bottleneck.

crimedog said:
404, and I can't go to http://www.anandtech.com either :cry:

On a semi-related note: I've been wondering if e.g. a 667 / 3-4-4-8 is similar in performance to a 800 / 5-5-5-15, since you can change timings and OC and the RAM and stuff.

The Conroes will be 1066 system bus or 266 FSB. So default will be 9X266 I think. So, using the default multiplier with 400 FSB would be 3.6 gig.

Back