• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T32 EOC WIR 29Jan21: 1 BILLION and a challenge.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Please congratulate OSUmaxx on earning his first billion! When you get that high up, it’s a big deal. More important milestones below so please congratulate them all.

Here’s a thought. I’m offereing about 3-4 million ppd for 7 days to the first person who can guess what I’ve been binge watching. Clues will be strewn in the text below and the first person to guess correctly AND put a reason that they like folding will get about 21-28 million points added to their total. So, without further ado, let’s “make the noise”. (Open to anyone. The winner just needs to provide their folding name and folding passkey and I’ll switch my rigs over for a week.)

Team Conquest/Threat List

PC Games Hardware2.6 months down from 2.7 months.
SLAC8.1 months down 10.4 months.
Team AnandTech1.2 years down from something.
Heise Falter 2.2 years down from 2.5 years.
banano2.2 years down from a larger number.
Teams are still chasing us down. Some we haven’t seen in our top 5 in a while and some we’ve become used to seeing. We need to conspire to work harder than them. We need to make this our “obsession”. Slow and steady is fine if we can be steady. We aren’t at the moment.

Active folders and ranking:
Active FoldersRankingAve PPD
This week89 70th 1.70 million.
Last week90 72nd 1.85 million.
3 weeks ago93 72nd 1.98 million.
4 weeks ago9671st 1.87 million.
5 weeks ago9971st 1.81 million.
7 weeks ago10868th 1.57 million.
10 weeks ago9975th 1.72 million.
12 weeks ago9876th 1.48 million.
13 week10176th 1.48 million.
This is where we can see how bad things are going. We are losing active members and our average ppd is going down too. I am scratching my head on this one. Where can we improve to get more folders? The fun is in the competition for points that do nothing for us. The joy is in knowing that we are helping humanity by computing numbers for scientists. So the question is, how can we inject more fun? What I would like from you guys is to post what you like about folding no matter how silly you might think it is. In fact, let’s hear all of the silly reasons along with any other thoughts you might have. What do you like about folding for team 32? There are no wrong answers. Post it below. …and… GO!

So, before reading into the next table, get some funk music playing and “let’s get the funk out”.

Top 20 PPD:
1HayesK17.16 million.
2P4EE15.03 million.
3WhitehawkEQ12.50 million.
4torin38.24 million.
5orion4568.09 million.
6dfonda7.57 million.
7superducky5.94 million.
8OrbitalCat5.93 million.
9Mark6204.82 million.
10JrClocker4.24 million.
11darkknight1873.87 million.
12TC3.60 million.
13don256us3.55 million.
14aviationfrk3.51 million.
15OSUmaxx3.29 million.
16zspaldin3.23 million.
17harlam3573.10 million.
18Maviryk3.00 million.
19DarkWarrior2.81 million.
20DeseretFlower232.57 million.
21penquininja2.26 million.
22ottoaxel1.89 million.
23Travis4Sutton1.89 million.
24JLK03F1501.87 million.
25deeppow1.50 million.
26davekusa1.41 million.
27gulp35 1.34 million.
28payj941.31 million.
29Lochekey1.19 million.
30BigBlockk1.18 million.
31IAmMoen1.02 million.
Great job guys. Top three into the tens of millions. Top eight in the 5 million plus. Top sixteen earning three million plus and top 21 all earning 2 million plus. Great numbers from everyone at all levels. Do what you can do is all we look for and we appreciate it all. If this were a “YouTube” video, you’d all be stars. “Co-starring Rex Hamilton as Abe Lincoln”.

Team Milestones.
OSUmaxx just earned his first 1 BILLION!!!! WOOT!
OrbitalCat just earned 900 million.
ottoaxel just earned 900 million.
zspaldin just earned 700 million.
U_D13_N0W just earned 90 million.
StaticPage just earned 50 million.
freaky_friday just eanred 30 million.
flifisher just earned 6 million.
ablessg just earned 5 million.
CillPhatCat just earned 3 million.

Milestones are definitely fun. For me it was great in the beginning because they came fast and easy. As you get higher up, they are harder to achieve but feel more rewarding. I’m also seeing names that I don’t recognize. :welcome: and thank you. We enjoy having you on the team.

T32 Top 100 or (Page 1): (week over week only)
Moving up 5 spots each:
Griff @ # 100! WOOT! Made it into the team’s top 100! Welcome brother.

Moving up 5 spots each:
darkknight187 @ #61

Moving up 3 spots each:
DesertFlower23 @ #58
AVG @ #74

Moving up 2 spots each:
Mark620 @ #42
penguininja @ #93

Moving up 1 spot each:
JLK03F150 @ #30
OrbitalCat @ #32

World Top 200:
Times are especially tough on these guys since Stanford started including COVID into the mix. Cheers guys.

HayesK#37Moving up 1 spot!
Macaholic #48
WhitehawkEQ#62
HayesK#82
P4EE#88
orion456#124
torin3#130Moving up 1 spot!
JrClocker#142Moving up 2 spots!
RamonetB#155
RoXQI3x#162
I don’t know if I left enough clues to the binge watching challenge but let’s give it a go. With or without a guess, please list your reason(s) that you enjoy folding. Thank you.

Build, Borg, Recruit. :borg: :comp:
If you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong.
It’s not how much you fold but if you fold.
If you fold, then you’re my friend.
Keep your stick on the ice.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.
Everything is within walking distance…. if you have the time.
SEND IT!
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Where ever we go that's where we will be.

Please provide another cliché here.
Until next week…

Congrats to OSU and all the other 'stoners(Mark):cheers:

I fold because one of our members recently helped me get a kidney(RTX 3080)...and to pass Don:comp:

I fold because it gives me hope for the future.

I once read that planting a tree is one of the most hopeful things you can do. Chances are you won't be around when it finally matures for others to enjoy and use. Folding is like planting a tree - who knows where it might lead.

More clues.
On YouTube.
Two guys building a car.
Rally car guys.
Steal a lot of jokes from "Police Squad" and "Airplane".

Guesses must also have a reason you like folding to qualify. If you already posted a reason you like to fold, you've met the requirement. Except for WhiteHawkEQ. Rodney, you're in the naughty corner for a few minutes.

Very nice..... HEY!
Not in real life...But here I am a "Bully".:argue: Notice I only pick on farms smaller than my own...:p:D

I would never pick on WHawk cause

1) He is bigger than me and
2) Goodness knows what kind of production he would add...(Uhh maybe we have stumbled upon something here:sn:)

More clues.
On YouTube.
Two guys building a car.
Rally car guys.
Steal a lot of jokes from "Police Squad" and "Airplane".

Guesses must also have a reason you like folding to qualify. If you already posted a reason you like to fold, you've met the requirement. Except for WhiteHawkEQ. Rodney, you're in the naughty corner for a few minutes.

But daddy I don't wanta :rofl:

Last edited:
What are you guys all scared to make a guess? No WhiteHawkEQ, it is not Seaseme Street but that is a good show. (I have young grandkids.)
If you guys are too scared to guess, maybe you need to hide in a corner with your binky and cover yourself up.

I thought you were Rick Rollin' me. I would have died laughing. Like literally. Like my wife would have shut down all my rigs and we'd all suffer the loss. I like the song anyway so it's still playing as I type this.

I was thinking the same on the passkey so it's nice to have that clarified. Thanks.

Indeed. It help to have leg warmers. But I prefer my binky.

Back