• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dj mixing software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unreal

Registered
used to use acid a while back now looking for something to mix songs together and whatnot..
i have dloaded dds-dj which doesnt seem to bad for just 1 song to the next.... and mixmiester which i have tested.... wonder ur thoughts

Last edited:
Want to do damn good mixes, perform? Virtual DJ and Ableton Live....... First is like mixing with two turntables. Ableton, on the other hand, is a completely different system. Both can be used to do fantastic mixes that go beyond mere professional par, but it is suggested that you use some form of hardware console/mixer to use attached to your computer instead of your keyboard/mouse if you plan on spending a LOT of time on this. Messing with control knobs and sliders will be much easier than with the keyboard/mouse!

Mixmeister is good if you're looking for something to do most of the work for you. Just throw in some songs and it will crossfade/beatmatch/tempo-change.

I probably neglected to mention some good software.. these are the ones I've mainly heard of/worked with.

Fruityloops is for production. Sequencing beats, laying down notation, samples, dropping in vocals, blah blah... making a song as opposed to dj'ing. You can use it to make a dj style mix, but it is a clumsy procedure on this program. I've used Fruityloops... now called FL Studio, for years.

hehe used to use acid to make my own beats, but yeah it might be nice to just use mixmister to throw alot of songs in and say... go lol thx

Back