• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Merger: The Gigabyte P5W DQ6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
say it aint so!

i was looking at asus alternatives such as gigabyte when (if) i go conroe because it seems theyve been sliding since the early Socket 775 days...

yuck.

foxconn isnt really in either of their market segment really either. unless you talk about the HP/compaq boards asus made (still making?)
i dont like it.

edit:

seems like their getting dragged into a fight that isnt theirs, unless im overlooking some huge volume sales stuff...

Well, since Asus would be buying Gigabyte, perhaps they will keep the product line seperate....best case scenerio, they will combine the best technologies of both, but then again, when was the last time a company did something THAT right?:beer:

PWatterson said:
If they can figure out how make a board that is not FSB limited on the OC, then I am all for it.
Every board will be FSB limited at some point. You've got to talk to the chipset manufacturer about that - not the board manufacturers.

Back