• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Cortana, you're fired!"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Look into my beautiful blue eyes, I'm beautiful. Repeat after me: "beautiful beautiful blue eyes"
Now click update now.

1372710809863622247.jpg

If you need to skip updates for now, wear dark glasses, look away, click cancel, and proceed with caution.

installed with Win10 build 1703, which then was updated to 1803.

Now it's just a matter of getting everything back to a dark style theme....

I would have to double check bit I think 1803 is dead. Should be on 1809 until 2020. Not sure it matters though

There is a power shell script/command that can unlock a dark theme. I forget the name of the thread, but it was started here around release date for Win10. Hell it might even be in the OP for this thread..... I'm certain it's here on OCF somewhere :D

There is another W10 thread. I can't link to it because I questioned someone's...shall we say...level of dedication to W10. LOL

There is another W10 thread. I can't link to it because I questioned someone's...shall we say...level of dedication to W10. LOL

I know the thread :) I just posted in it.

Just remember, "one of us, one of us..." :borg:
j/k :p

When Windows 10 was first released, I gave MS credit for finally not being an *** and overwriting an existing bootloader (GRUB) with Windows every time it started up. Unfortunately, it seems they're back to their old tricks with one of the recent updates. GRUB miraculously got completely deleted (not just moved down in priority) from the UEFI boot options. :mad:

Back