• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a 6600 Conroe on a 965p-DS3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k_laurent02

Registered
I'm new to this and I need some step by step instructions/tutorial on what i need to change.
I'm not very familiar with how DDR2 works and the way it's numbered. So i need help figuring out what multipliers i should use.

here are the parts i have:
Gigabyte 965p-ds3
Intel core 2 duo 6600
Zalman 9500
Corsair CM 2x1 gig - 6400C4PRO 4-4-4-12 800mhz
Nvidia 7900gt
Antec True Power 430w

Also i have a question about sata2. I bought a sata2 hard drive a while back and i have been using it on a sata1 board. I use the harddrive as a backup for all my files and such. If i plug it into this new motherboard will it automatically work at sata2 speeds? or do i have to do something to it to enable it? if so will that wipe all my files on the hard drive?

I dont have a step by step tutorial on everything, but this FAQ should help you. linky

as far as memory dividers work, as you select them the line below will tell you what speed your memory will be running at (takes all the math out of it).

your sata2 hdd will run on at that speed on the new board without wiping your files, but you may have to change the jumper settings on it (the top of the drive will tell you if you need to or not).

also, dont be a stranger around these boards. feel free to post any more questions you have especially if the link i provided doesn't answer something.

most overclocking on this board seems to be most successful with the 6300 and 6400, why I have no clue. But there are some serious overclocks from 6300's to 3.5 on air

Not to say that one can not clock the 6600's and higher, check xtremesystems out as well

Back