• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5V-VM DH Via P4M890: What do you guys think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks decent for a budget setup to use Core 2, but is missing many options and cooling features of the higher models.

But it will be a huge step up from my system now as I will be stepping up to DDR2 and PCIe. As well as SATA300 and other extras, I expect to get far better perfromance and overclocking features from this board than my current Gigabyte which is very, very basic.

I am sure you will not be dissapointed. I have my E6600 sitting on my desk now along with 2GB of OCZ DDR2 I just need a motherbaord to put it in myself. I dont upgrade often so I will probably go with the P5W DH if newegg gets them in next week, I like all the extra toys and since I can afford it I might as well.

I'll do a full review on this low cost board with all the extra features as soon as it arrives. Should be good. Got my whole setup caseless for now for easy changeover. :)

I don't think this board is a particularly good overclocker. I'm running a PentiumD 930 should reach at least 3.8Ghz and isn't stable anywhere past 3.3

Dunno why, but this board isn't as great as it seems, in terms of overclocking, but everything else is perfect.

Really depends on what your looking for. If you want a hobby/project system this board wouldn't be a wise choice but for a just a decent everyday system it would be a nice cheap choice.

Back