• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DS3 and RAM - Again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krogen

(resolved) DS3 and RAM - Again

Hey,

OK, I'm starting to freak out a bit here. My DS3 is sitting here and I just ordered some Crucial Ballistix RAM for it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146568

The RAM is rated to run at 2.2V (from Crucial.com) which I heard DS3/DS4 does not run (either out of the box or at all). Should I start looking for another RAM or just hope it's going to work?

Last edited:
hard to say...if your ram is able to boot at 1.8V, you're in luck. Some ram won't able to boot below its certified voltage and will have problem on DS3

the micon d9's they are using are jedec speced for 1.8v @ddr2-667, timing i dont recall. as long as the board boots with 667 divider first your good to. then all you do is first change v-dimm the ram ratio/multi.

Mole said:
Well, I tried bumping it up by .2v and it let me overclock higher. :)
have you tried the easytune to see what your voltages are at? keep going:beer:

I got the RAM and everything about 2-3 weeks ago and my RAM is working completely fine. It's clocked at 6900 right now (CPU @ 3GHz), well above 5300, with 4-4-4-12 latencies. Haven't tried moving the latencies down. RAM heatsinks get warm, that's all.

Booted right away with 1.8V. Raised it to 2.2V but 1.8V works fine (even at 6900).

Back