• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DS3 with an Antec P180, No sound?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brainstew

Can someone that is using the DS3 with the Antec p180 case please show me pics of how to set up the sound, because I have everything working right now, but I can't get the onboard sound to work. I see that near the power led light and crap there are 4 pins for a speaker cable, but the case doesn't have one. I'm not even sure if that's the problem or not, but my computer won't recognize the onboard sound hardware, so something isn't right.

Picture:

I don't know what an Antec P180 is, but for onboard sound you have to install the Microsoft HD drivers and THEN the audio driver for the board. Both drivers are on the install CD.

P180 is a case, the case would have nothing to do with the audio.
You have to enable the azalia codec in the bios then windows will recognize your sound.

I have azalia set to Auto and the only other option is Disabled. Windows still does not recognize my sound.

make sure it is enabled in the windows control panel, and that all your drivers are installed.

If not tthen I dont know if it will help any but try flashing to a different bios.

Back