• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B Deluxe - USB drivers not working?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiderhole

Registered
Ok, I built my P5B Deluxe system last week and temporarily installed WinXP on an existing drive while waiting for the Raptor to arrive. Everything went seamlessly, from XP (Pro SP2 disc) install, Intel INF update, etc. New drive came in yesterday, so I removed the old one, formatted and installed XP on the new one, installed the SAME inf, drivers in the SAME order.

However, this time for some unknown reason my USB ports do not work and the USB Host Controllers in the Device Manager show the dreaded exclimation mark. I have tried running the INF drivers again with no change. I have NOT tried running the USB 2.0 drivers since the readme says that SP1 or 2 installs do not need it and I didn't have to do it last time.

At this point I don't know if I should try to fix it somehow or just try reformatting and running XP install again (groan). Any ideas what happened?

Thanks,
Mitch

Back