• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core 2 duo overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

junglizste

this has been posted before but not exactly to what i'm looking for.

i'm ordering a new system in a few days. (asus p5b deluxe and e6600) i've been racking my brain and reading reviews for a while on what ram to choose.

my top choice now is

SUPER TALENT 2GB (2 x 1GB) T800UX2GC4

but at $291 its kinda pricy and the build is getting a little off budget.

i'm looking for a set of ddr2 ram (2 x 1gb) that will overclock up into 1000-1100mhtz. i don't really care about latency, because latency doesn't really affect the performance of intel systems that much. high bandwidth and low price is what i'm looking for.

quick link for all mem ddr2-5300 and above from newegg

so anybody know of some of the cheaper stuff from the link getting up into 1-1.1ghtz territory.

Yup, mine should be arriving soon. They are a beast when it comes to overclocking.

Rattle said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820148017

best 2gb kit on the market right now

there's kits that are 300 bux that do the same as these.

these do upwards of 1100

I just got my hands on an Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 CPU and ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium mobo, but I am having some difficulty deciding on what ram to purchase. I have been looking on newegg for some and most of the DDR2 800 chips are around $300. I am not planning to overclock my system right away; I want to make sure the system is stable first. Do I need to get DDR2 800 ram or will DDR2 667 ram work for now and still allow me to overclock later. Would this kit above be a good choice for my specs?

for the price that this kit sels for it is by far the best deal right now. There is no real disadvantage in owning this ram for a ddr2 setup. This is very overclockable ram that will hold tight timmings at a very good price. I must say that this deal prob. wont last long. It will run fine at stock speed but if you want to "stretch it legs" along with your conroe, you could have a very respectable overclock and a blazing fast calculator........
JC

5!@$%#@% I was about one week away from getting a set of the crucial ram :( They've been around for a while too, I guess they're gone at $~230 prices now though :-/

won't go above 833 :(

its holding me back too... i got a e6600. wasn't expecting more than 3.6 from it. but, i ended up getting a bad *** chip. it'll go up to 3.9 with only 1.42vcore so looks like i could get it higher if my mem could get past 833. cause the lowest i can set it is ddr-400 which with a 266 fsb overclocked to 433 comes out to 3.9ghtz and ddr-833.

oh well. i wouldn't run 24/7 at 3.9 any way... running at 3.6 and ddr-800 now and runs like a champ.

whats good timings for these chips at 800? i got em at 4-4-4-12 now... can i go lower? what about the rest of the mem timings? i don't know too much about them.

disregard that last message... cause of the voltage i thought the mem was holding it back as it would hit 3.8 at low voltage but wouldn't go up to 3.9 with more voltage... with some tinkering i could prolly get it stable but i don't think i'll see 4.0.

running at 3.6 and ddr-1000 now. still would like to know some timings for this mem tho...

thanks

Back