• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just some questions about older mobo's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nd4spdbh2

OK im building a lil server box out of a p4 2.4b and i have 2 asus boards...

a Sony (Asus p4s533-vm)
and a P4T-E

now i am having problems with the sony asus board, when it boots it reports an error of "hard ware monitor found an error. Enter power setup menu for details" now when i got to the hardware monitor nothing is out of norm... voltages are good, and the fan speeds are fine along with temps are good. so im baffeled with this mobo... i have tried to replace the cmos battery... clear the cmos.... heck the board even has 2 ATX12v (p4) connectors and i plugged 2 p4 connectors in the board at the same time both with power to no avail...

so im considering of using my 2.4b in the P4t-e but im not entirely sure it will be able to run it. currently it has a 2.0a and 512mb of 800mhz rambus ram...

so any ways it would be nice if i could like update the sony bios to an actual P4S533-vm bios but the last oem asus board i updated to the actual boards bios didnt go so well... i could get into the bios but it just would NOT boot.... or if i could just fix the problem on the p4s533-vm that would be great.

UglyChild said:
Disable all hardware monitoring by setting it to "Ignore".

And do you have latest BIOS for that Sony/Asus mobo?

tried the ignore.... and as for bios i have the latest from their site to no avail... and the board is not a P4S533-VM but its a P4S533-VX..... N e ways i decided that i should try out the P4T-E and make sure the 2.4b would run at 133 x 18 before i went to go try a VM bios on the VX ( 133x 18 is normal but the p4t-e mobo doesnt officially support 133fsb so i had to "over clock it") n e ways i set it to 133 fsb and a ram multiplier of 3 instad of 4 so the ram would stay at its normal 800mhz instead of being at 1066mhz... N e ways i just ended up using that board with the 2.4b and she works like a charm... wire management came out cleaner also... connectors were in better spots.

never got to using a VM bios on the VX... dont see any reason to, as it stands i have more memory bandwidth then the sony board with DDR 266 in single channel, pluss theres not tons of extra onboard crap on the p4t-e... its going ot be a server box so no audio is needed and its a full atx board so more pci slots over the VX.

Back