• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is overclocking possible on the SuperMicro X8DT-L X58 dualsocket motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hello, i have the super micro X8DT-L and im wanting to over clock it, i heard from one of my friends that i could over clock this board with a bios mod but he doesnt remeber where he found his bios mod for the board and he doesnt rember becuase it was like 10 years ago.... anybody have the bios mod for this board? or know where i can find it?

The Supermicro X8DT-L is a server-grade board and is highly unlikely to have overclocking options. As far as modded BIOS', that's a tricky one. Yes, it can be done, but has someone done it? There are a few members here that are proficient with this and hopefully they will see your post soon.

Good luck and Welcome to the Forums!

I remember a few SM boards being modified back in the day, but I think they were all Opteron based systems, and it was minimal.
Sounds like a fun adventure if you know somone whos into BIOS hacking.

Back