• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help unlocking D975XBX to OC a E6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zeag

Hi, i'm new to the overclocking adventure and I've read a lot about it between classes but there are some issues I cannot figure out alone so I need your help guys.

First of all, a few specs:

CPU: Intel Core Duo E6300 @ 1.8Ghz

Motherboard: Intel D975XBX "Bad Axe" revision 304

RAM: OCZ Gamer Edition Dual Channel PC2 5400 4-4-4-12
(Now here are stats according to CPU-Z, which makes me think Tigerdirect didn't sent me the correct RAM O_O)
Frequency: 333.4Mhz
FSBRAM: 4:5
CASLatency: 5.0 clocks
RAS to CAS delay: 5 clocks
RAS percentage: 5 clocks
Cycle Time (tras): 15 clocks
Bank Cycle Time (trc): 5 clocks

Fan: Zalman CNPS9700 + Antec Tricool 120mm in the back of the case

Current voltage is 1.213v according to CPU-Z, VID: 1.3250v according to Core Temp Beta 0.94. The power supply is a 500W from Ultra

Problem 1: Accessing the advanced OC options. I've read a lot about unlocking the BIOS advanced features using conductive ink since I don't have one of those famous pens right now, I was wondering if the thing could be done safely with jumpers? Also, once the BIOS is unlocked, which setting should I modify first for a simple OC? From what I've read, augmenting the VC, lowering the FSB and augmenting the clock multiplier are the easiest ways, am I right?

Hope to get some answers soon! (Goes back to installing the new Zalman that barely fits in the case :santa: )

FYI: Update the BIOS to the most current version, my XBX wouldn't even let me fool with the OC options at all with the stock BIOS on there.

Also, the mod can be found on the xtremesystems forum... just be careful, I've heard it does not work on the D975XBX2KR boards.

~ Gos

Zeag said:
Hi, i'm new to the overclocking adventure and I've read a lot about it between classes but there are some issues I cannot figure out alone so I need your help guys.

First of all, a few specs:

CPU: Intel Core Duo E6300 @ 1.8Ghz

Motherboard: Intel D975XBX "Bad Axe" revision 304

RAM: OCZ Gamer Edition Dual Channel PC2 5400 4-4-4-12
(Now here are stats according to CPU-Z, which makes me think Tigerdirect didn't sent me the correct RAM O_O)
Frequency: 333.4Mhz
FSBRAM: 4:5
CASLatency: 5.0 clocks
RAS to CAS delay: 5 clocks
RAS percentage: 5 clocks
Cycle Time (tras): 15 clocks
Bank Cycle Time (trc): 5 clocks

Fan: Zalman CNPS9700 + Antec Tricool 120mm in the back of the case

Current voltage is 1.213v according to CPU-Z, VID: 1.3250v according to Core Temp Beta 0.94. The power supply is a 500W from Ultra

Problem 1: Accessing the advanced OC options. I've read a lot about unlocking the BIOS advanced features using conductive ink since I don't have one of those famous pens right now, I was wondering if the thing could be done safely with jumpers? Also, once the BIOS is unlocked, which setting should I modify first for a simple OC? From what I've read, augmenting the VC, lowering the FSB and augmenting the clock multiplier are the easiest ways, am I right?

Hope to get some answers soon! (Goes back to installing the new Zalman that barely fits in the case :santa: )

Back