• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What program/service is accessing the internet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

satandole666

I noticed a major slowdown trying to browse the web today. At first I thought F@H isn't playing nice and sharing cycles. After figuring out that this isn't the case I clicked over to the networking tab.

Something is eating my internet connection...badly. I don't have any P2P programs open. I am not downloading anything. I restarted the computer to see if it went away and it didn't.

So, is there a program I can download that tells me which program or service is accessing the internet? I'd like to enjoy my cable modem instead of the 56k speeds I am enjoying now.

Just go to the command prompt and do a netstat -O. That will show you the process IDs and what they are connecting to. To see what program belongs to the PID, open Task Manager, select View, Select Columns, and put a check in the PID box. No need to download and install anything.

Back