• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question to P5B-Deluxe WiFi AP owners

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Antioch

Hi guys. I've got a question for anyone with a P5B-Deluxe WiFi Edition motherboard:

How many onboard 3-pin fan connectors are on the WiFi edition, and how many of them are controlled by Q-Fan? Of the one's that aren't controlled by Q-Fan, can you still use speedfan or some other method to slow the fans down?

Thanks.

If you want SpeedFan to control those fans, you "must" disable the Q-Fan since both them are fighting for them ! Just pick your side ! :)

I assume you're using the latest SpeedFan 4.31 right ? At the configure screen, at the "Advanced" tabs, just try change the fan divisors (yes, many of them) to 16 or 32 for better RPM accuracy. That is because Asus design or bios team decided to use the Smart IO chip W83627DHG strange way. :(

bing said:
If you want SpeedFan to control those fans, you "must" disable the Q-Fan since both them are fighting for them ! Just pick your side ! :)

I assume you're using the latest SpeedFan 4.31 right ? At the configure screen, at the "Advanced" tabs, just try change the fan divisors (yes, many of them) to 16 or 32 for better RPM accuracy. That is because Asus design or bios team decided to use the Smart IO chip W83627DHG strange way. :(

sorry to interupt the thread but can i use this method to turn my CPU fan speed up? If so how would I do it?

Yes, but I'm wondering if speedfan lets you control ALL the fans that can connect to the motherboard? Because Q-Fan only lets you control CHA_FAN1-3, but not 4 and 5.

Thanks.

I have the non WiFi and it has 5 + 1 (CPU) fan adapters on the board itself and there is options in SpeedFan to control them all.

**EDIT** Having said that how do i make them 100% power all the time? I'm mainly concerned with the CPU one being 100% 24/7.

I don't know. I don't have the board yet, but I was wondering and I want to control all of my fans - and I have quite a few. 3 on my radiator (for watercooling), 1 intake, 1 exhaust, and 1 heatpipe cooler. I'd like em all spun down to quiet operation since my radiator is 3x120mm and barely needs any airflow to perform well. =)

Keep my up to date though, I'd like to know if you get it to work!

Thanks.

Back