• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need to locate two 120mm rads that will fit side by side on the Mozart case.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

code

Anyone know what 120mm dual rads will fit side by side on the rear panel of the MozartTx case? The fan placement is butted right next to each other, the the rads can be no wider than a 120mm fan.

Thanks!

I think you'll be hard up to find a RAD that isn't at least slightly wider than a 120mm fan. You could build a custom shroud/adapter that would offset the RADs to fit there. (And then you get the functionality of a shroud also.

I know, but I am hopeful.
I know the TT 120mm duals are not wider than a 120mm fan, but I don't care for their design, and I need them to be for 1/2" tubing.

I would just get a bip2 and mount it outside the case. most 120.1 rads are at least a 1/4" longer at the bottom tank and 5/8" longer at the barb side than a 120mm fan. they are however 122mm wide so you can mount the thing on its side ect.. that will add a fair bit of restriction by adding two, so you might be better to get a 2x rad. pictures of your case would be very helpful. you have not given us much information to help you.

from what i see, it looks plenty big enough for 2 120.2 mm rads. but you can always use ductape and cardboard ;) get two 120.2 rads, tape em together, shroud em to 4 120's and your off.

I was hoping for more of a factory look. I wanted to keep the rads and fans internal to the case, so there is no room for shrouds, etc...

there is a user on these forums who makes shrouds for custom applications. Send Weapon a pm and see what he can do for you. will cost you some scratch, but well worth it if you want a finished look.

Gudwyn said:
Why isn't there room for shroud in the case? Looks like you have space in there.

Try this rad: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=200&products_id=21116

If it's close, you could screw down the outside holes to the fan and use long screws and spacers on the inside holes to make a "tent". Then tape off the little triangular gap on the top and bottom to complete the "shroud".

Hey, that one does show a width of 120mm in the description. So I'd think that one should work

Gudwyn said:
Why isn't there room for shroud in the case? Looks like you have space in there.

Try this rad: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=200&products_id=21116

If it's close, you could screw down the outside holes to the fan and use long screws and spacers on the inside holes to make a "tent". Then tape off the little triangular gap on the top and bottom to complete the "shroud".

Thanks man! That looks like it should work perfect!

I hope the primoChill shroud looks a little cleaner than the one in that post though. Either way, I like the idea of a single rad rather than dual.

Will do, it will be awhile before I have time to finish it, I need to have a day set aside so I can shut down the rig that the components are coming out of, right now I cant afford an all day shutdown.

I am also still trying to decide if I am going to go water on the NB and SB, actually, still trying to decide if I am even going to reuse the mobo, having too many unexplained problems.

Back