• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Standard Maze 4 in SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UBERCOOL

I have 2x6600GT in SLI and I have one standard maze 4 waterblock. My question is will I be able to buy a low profile Maze 4 and make everything fit? The measurement from the board of one card to the board of the other is exactly 40mm and the height of the tall block is 30.8mm and the short one is 25.2mm. My motherboard is a DFI Ultra-D. Anyone got first hand experience, or any idea about this?

That is what I figured. I think it will work if I put the old style block on the top card because the bolts will just stick up into the case. Then I will put the low profile block on the bottom card. It just occurred to me that the low profile block might not be the same as an SLI block.

I had two low profile blocks in my DFI SLI-DR (non-expert revision before they moved the slots further apart, so identical to your Ultra-D).

AFAIK, Dangerden's "SLI Maze4" kit is just two low profile Maze4's.

Either way, what RIG said still holds true with the low profile blocks ... the mounting hardware prevents them from fitting. My solution wasn't as elegant as RIG's ... I simply cut the mounting screws for the bottom card's block short enough that they could didn't stick up far enough to hit the top card's block, and then I just ditched the backplate for the bottom card's block. It's worked fine with those little plastic washers, the compression spring, and the nut holding it down straight on the card without the backplate, and it took me all of 10 seconds to trim those screws with a dremel. Probably would've taken even less time with a hacksaw since you don't have to take the time to plug it into the wall for power. :D

Back