• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange FF problem (Vista-related maybe?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamstalker

So I recently installed FF on my mom's (Vista) laptop. I also copied over all her bookmarks from the desktop.

This is where it gets weird. I can see the 64KB bookmarks file in her FF profile directory on the laptop, but FF itself does not see them at all (the bookmarks manager is fresh as with a new install).

So, FF under XP --> bookmarks on her profile work fine
Migrate to a FF install on a Vista machine --> file exists, but FF doesn't see it

This is bookmarks.html in Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/defaults/profile.

Any ideas? I've migrated bookmarks manually hundreds of times and never had them not show up.

Bookimarks have been fixed (I had to restore them manually).

Now, window contents (all webpages) will "jiggle" rapidly up and down. Not by a large amount, but enough to become a serious annoyance (i.e. give me a headache in short order so working on it on the affected computer is difficult). Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Back