• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tv tuner not recognized in MCE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nd4spdbh2

OK i got a MDP-130 for my htpc and i have windows xp media center 2005. my tv tuner is not recognized by the media center application but it works fine with the application it came with... HELP im gettin a lil po'd

Make sure that you have the latest drivers. They need to be WDM "unified" drivers to work with MMC.

Is your rig a home brew or did you just add a tuner to a pre-built MMC box?

Not to sound like a jerk but this is one of the reasons that MMC is not supposed to be available to the public for purchase. It is only supposed to be supplied by an OEM manufacturer pre-loaded on the rig. Not everything is compatible with MMC but the OEM has to make sure that everything works.

However, I purchased my MMC and installed it on my home built rig. I am using an ATI all-in-wonder. I got lucky. The software that came with the all-in-wonder had a lot if issues.

Back to the drivers... Gotta get'em or find'em.

ahhh i thought so... i "bought" MCE from say a bittorrent site :beer: ill look around for MCE drivers for my MDP-130 but i highly doubt they are there.
this is a home brew media center btw. see sig

Back