• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AW9D-max X6800 and Eist

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vento1

I had recently switched the eist function off in the bios, then i noticed my vcore dropped to 1.48 where it was at 1.65 but every thing seamed to run normally so i left it over night, checked my rig tonight every thing still running ok but my times for work units in seti had gone up by 20 minutes, after checking a few things i started cpuz and it showed i was running with a multiplier of 6 instead of 11 so i thought i must have changed it. Went into the bios and it was still set at 11 but cpuz insisted it was 6 so i switched the eist function back on and cpuz reports a multi of 11, my vcore is back to 1.65 and my seti times have dropped by 20 mins. If i switch eist off it drops the multi to 6 any one else had this.

Vento1 said:
I had recently switched the eist function off in the bios, cpuz and it showed i was running with a multiplier of 6 instead of 11

switched the eist function back on and cpuz reports a multi of 11

switch eist off it drops the multi to 6 any one else had this.

How odd, eist should work the other way around, ie: when its on it should drop your mulit and when off it shouldnt.

Because the X6800 allows use of different multipliers, make sure you manually select the multiplier you want to use.

Deanzo it is strange Eist does nothing if left on with the cpu idle but switch it off and the multi drops to 6

Back