• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.skill hz's How much voltage can I put to them?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pak

Just got some Gskill HZ series. So far 3448 [email protected] is the best I can get stable. It posted at 300.

So I'm wondering if I can put more voltage to them?

I'd like to get as high as possible ofcourse.

--pak

The best I could get out of mine was 270 also, jacked it to 2.9v for a quick minute to see if I could get a little more. But no luck- the nice thing about these sticks are that you know you'll get 270 out of them. From what I've read they are very consistent. Nice to be able to count on something these day's...

yes you will be safe giving them a little more volts... as far as I can remember, the HZ's use Samsung UCCC chips, which don't respond *that* well to volts, but it can certainly help if you're trying to get a little more speed/stability with it. Head on over to DIY Street. Theres some GOOD guides over there for folks with HZ sticks. If you read those guides, you might be able to get a higher overclock... theres a number of people that've done 300Mhz and 285Mhz with the HZ's, you just have to be willing to tweak the hell out your DFi board... Good luck man!

P/S- You should have gone Crucial man! the sticks in my sig do 290Mhz at 3-3-3-7!!

I know this is an old post, but I am playing with these sticks again. Been running them fairly rock stable for a few months at 270-3448 @ 2.8v.

I been too chicken to go any higher. So I am going to try 2.9. What are some things to look out for? I do not want to ruin the sticks, even though I know there is a chance that I will.

I just have the stock heat spreaders on them with a 114cfm fan blowing on them directly.

--pak

Back