• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PC2 8800 Golds takes a dump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gigabit

:mad: :mad: My OCZ golds took a dump tonight .I was gaming and the ram was only at DDR2 800 4-4-4-15 and 2.1v with 2x50mm fans cooling them and one stick fried.The PC boots fine with the one stick and when i pull that stick and put the other in my PC starts non stop fast beeps.With both sticks in it just keeps restarting .Never making it to any kind of screen.Should i just rma to newegg and get a replacement or should i call ocz and ask for some OCZ 8000 Platinums which are the same price?Will OCZ even do that or let me add a few bucks for some better ram?:mad:

OCZ is an awesome company, I would take it up with them. Everyone I know that has dealt with OCZ has always received a replacement and in some cases even upgrades.

Go through OCZ for your RMA. I had some problems with my memory and the ones they sent me were bad and then they upgraded me to the platinum memory.They have been totally stable and I just overclocked them.

Just to add to the general consensus:

Call OCZ. They're an amazing company, both in terms of product quality and customer service.

Well isn't nice and specialized products and services are the only way for company like OCZ to survive? Clearly OCZ isn't big company... they are just a grain of sand on the beach... if they can't feel the niche with high performance differentiated products and nice services (RMA and so)... they are bound to replace by one who can... so far I heard they are doing a good job... they are there to serve people like us (enthusiast) and in return we reward them with a premium price for seeming useless performance gain (1% to 5%... maybe more but cost/benefit analysis wise worthless) anyway.. Good luck last time I checked my friends' RMA with company like OCZ... many were satisfied

Some contend that the SPD on these D9's are getting killed for some reason... The same things happen regardless of Mobo or voltage applied

Try and boot with both and look through Bios and CPU-z tell us how much RAM it's reporting...

Also, examine the bad stick and see if the heat spreader is warped at all... I had one stick go bad and it had a spreader warped enough that it wasn't covering a RAM chip... im not saying that the problem though

Believe it or not the dam stick is working now.2 days of nothing and i tried it last night and it worked fine.Has anyone ever had this happen?I did reflash my board back to F10 were i was using Gigabytes beta F11a ,I dont know what to do now.I kind of feel stupid.But Ill run memtest all night tonight to see if it errors out.Right now im running 8x266 with the ram on the 4x divider(1066mhz) and 2.3v 5-6-6-18.I ran 5 passes of memtest with no errors. And played about an hour of painkiller.No problem's so far.

How could it have been dead and then work 2 days later.It was dead .I was switching both sticks around and it wouldnt boot in any slot and the bios would start that beeping for when your ram is bad.Then id pull it and put the other stick in and the system would boot right up.I even ordered some more ram to have as a backup while this was in rma.

Edited--4/16/07
Ran all night 7+ hours no errors.It would have ran longer but the GF was running here hair dryer and tripped the circut breakers...lol..It was running 1100mhz and 5-6-6-15 + 2.3v.Is it more stressfull on the ram running 1:1 or using a divder.I want to stress the ram as much as possible so i know if its really ok.

Last edited:
Back