• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will the OCZ-SLI Ram works with my Intel P965 motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kestofer

Registered
So I plan on getting an ASUS P5B Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131045

But in the ram section, I am still deciding on which one to get when I ran across this model. OCZ / 2GB DDR2 PC2-8500 / 1066MHz / NVIDIA® SLI™-Ready Edition / Dual Channel OCZ2N1066SR2GK.

http://shop3.outpost.com/product/5162136

So my question is, if I get the ASUS motherboard, will the OCZ ram with the SLI Ready ram still work as well on the ASUS motherboard? It has not SLI capabiltiy? Will the performance be less because my motherboard isn't a NVidia chipset motherboard or if I'm not running on SLI? Or will it perform just the same. Thanks!

Last edited:
WoW, member since 10/04? :eek: Welcome to O/C Forums! :welcome:

The ram will run just fine on the Asus board. My guess is the NVIDIA® SLI™-Ready Edition ram is designed to run in newer NVIDIA SLI boards that have issues with older DDR2 ram.

*Edit*

Also Welcome Blue as well :cool:

the ocz should work just fine in the board. I am using it in a ds3 and i have had it running at almost 1300. Plus it likes voltage and its pretty stable. My board is holding me back. Im thinking about picking up a better board so i can see what is left in the e6300 i have.:)

the memory will run fine, however to get your moneys worth for payin the extra money for EPP i think you need a nVidia chipset to take advantage. you might be wasting your money.

sli is just a marketing gimmick imho.btw that ocz is one of the best d9gmh deals you can get.good choice!

Airbornederekc said:
the memory will run fine, however to get your moneys worth for payin the extra money for EPP i think you need a nVidia chipset to take advantage. you might be wasting your money.

Correct, you will need a board with Nvidia chipset, 650 or 680 to take full advantage of the memory, that is why its called SLI, cause its made for SLI mobos.

But yes, it will work on your mobo as well. Im testing same kit atm on my mobo.

Back