• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best water block for quad core?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
From what I have been reading, the apogee GT is taking a slight lead over the dtek fuzion. One of the forum members, nikshub if I am not mistaken, is conducting some tests on most of the latest blocks. I don't think it will be too long before he shows his work.

--pak

From what I have read, the Apogee GT and GTX, and the D-tek Fuzion all offer great cooling for the quad core processors, since the effective cooling area on those waterblocks is so large, in contrast to the Storm and that jet impingement design, which concentrates the effective cooling to a small area over the center of the die.

I don't think I've seen any reprts for an original Apogee on a quad, but give it a try. The GT, GTX or Fuzion would be a little better, but I don't think you need to run out and buy a new block.

IIRC, Nikhsub is currently testing with a dual-core CPU instead of a quad. There is a collection of results with a lot of quads in the mix here, but keep in mind that these are not from carefully controlled tests.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131297

well thanks for the info guys. I think im going to test the water, so to speak, with my og apogee and see how it does then go from there. Cant be any worse then it would be on air lol, id hope anyway.

The TDX is a jet impingment block similar to the Storm. These are good for cooling a small area like the bare die of of single-die CPU. Because Intel's quads have two dies, and a soldered heat spreader, the TDX would not be my first choice

Back