• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please...T-line or Reservoir?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDawggS316

I am so new to this WCing and I'm trying to put together my first loop and am wondering which is most preferred now-a-days, a t-line or reservoir?

And could you point me into the right direction as what to purchase.

Thanks

I like a well designed resevior. it gives you way more reserve time before your sucking air.

but they are larger, and often difficult to work into the routing. unlike a T line thats pretty much as retardedly simple as it gets.

I use a T line and I don't see the need for a res at all. If you properly set your components up, Tline bleeding should be quick and simple. I just recently re did my loop and it bled in less than two hours. Even if a res bled faster, the cost isn't worth it IMO.

--pak

T line here...less tubing, shorter loop, bleeds fast if you do it right. I run a 1/2x3/4x1/2 T...3" piece of 3/4 tubing for fill and acts as nice res.

I prefer res's myself.
Why waste two hours when it's done bleeding in seconds?

I build my own so there's little expense, and it's handier to fill a larger res opening than a little tube.

Regardless of whether you're filling a res or a t-line you should be using a funnel, so what does it matter?

T-Lines are cheap, and overall system performance is probably going to be better than a reservoir because you're using less tubing and thus less restriction. Granted we're talking less than a degree's difference but still.

Having a t-line vs. res won't really make a noticable performance difference but I go with T-Line because it's cheap and takes no room at all.

Can anyone tell me how to properly hook up a loop? :confused: And, is there a link anyone can provide to show me the proper steps to insalling my first WC loop? Also, are the following choices good for a WCing loop?

I have the following already:

CPU Block: D-tek Fuzion
GPU Block: Swiftech MCW60
Fans: Delta or Panaflo
Radiator: Thermochill PA120.3
Shroud
Pump: Swiftech MCP655 - $
Reservoir or T-line: ?
Tubing: Masterkleer PVC Tubing
Clamps: 15 Hose Clamps (Nylon or Worm-Drive)

Thanks again guys :)

Your choices are good. As far as proper install, I haven't seen any thing use full.

But heres what I did.

1 planned the component locations and tubing out.
2 Double checked my planning
3 Assembled the loop. Do this either outside of the case, or with all of your PC components out of the case.
4 Leak test. Leak test for aslong as you feel comfortable. My first time, I leak tested for almost 4 days.
5. Double check for leaks. Check all possible locations for leaks.
6 Installed PC components and leak test again before turning PC on. Sometimes you can nudge something that can disrupt the lines. Good idea to do this.
7 Power the PC up and go strait to bios to see if the temps are acceptable.
8 Start OCn

--pak

Either is good. Depends on a lot of things. Cases for one, loop design for the second. I'm currently using a res, but my next loop I'm going to experiment on a t-line. If you can build a res to your specifications, I would obviously go for that than a t-line.

I never understood the bleed thing, it bleeds itself. I could care less how long that takes. not like the computer wont run when its bleeding, there should be PLENTY of water still in the loop to cool the system.

but for me, evaporation seems inevitable, despite thick walled tubing. tline requires some refilling, resevior can go months for me.

my current system has a tline though, and I have a brand new swiftech micro rez in the closet that I just couldnt route in.

i also vote res

think about it (i heard it somewhere on the forums here before)

if you put water in a kettle and turn the burner on....
what will take longer to boil
a little amount of water
or
a lot of water

but... if you can cool quickly enough with the right rad and fans

you could do either...

but if you want some awsome performance

BONG TIME!!!

ec-pic8.jpg

(gets you sub ambient temps if done right)

only reason I like reservoir's is you don't have to mess with the air that gets stuck in the radiator's as much.... that's just annoying to me =P but even that isn't that big of a deal! In the past I've always used T-Line's and it worked fine. Reservoir is easier though

Thank you all for your replies...

I'm getting a Mountain Mod U2-UFO case and I assume there will be enough room for a res.

So now, the usual question: suggestions for reservoirs?

THX :beer:

Id get something with alot of options. if it has multiple nozzle possibilities it opens doors for your routing.

your looking at bay reseviors, the one thing I can say good about them, they tend to be in a great place to make routing very very simple.

Strida said:
Regardless of whether you're filling a res or a t-line you should be using a funnel, so what does it matter?

:D My res has a 6" top, and it's wall mounted.

performance-pcs.com has a lovely selection of res'.
The top one is nice but looks hard to fill, and if I used a normal case, I'd use the one that mounts on the outside/back of the case.

Back