• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mounting a bay radiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Galoon

Hello once again,
I have a midsize case and I'm not sure how I could really mount a radiator inside of it with all my parts in here. I was looking at the Thermaltake AquaBay M2 rad but I would really like to use 1/2" ID tubing not 3/8"

Given how uncreative I am as a person I am not sure if I could mount one in the bay myself or if it would be that great of an idea, but I would really like to keep it the rad inside my case. I don't want to buy one and then have it not fit.

I looked at mounting it on the top but my case has this extra metal bar that I would have to cut out as well and it does not look like a very good idea...

Anyone have any suggestions other then going external or getting a full size tower/new case?

Thanks,
Galoon

I would stay away from that rad. Get a 120.1 and one of those radiator boxes. Then mount it on the back of ur PC. That would probably best the most simple way to setup a radiator with no modifications.

--pak

Heres a link

That's almost like my old case, a chenbro mid tower. I mounted my radiator in the top of the case. Cutting that bar won't weaken it much structurally and you will be able to keep everything internal.

EDIT: Like Pak said that would be the simplest way to do it and if you later decide to go to a double radiator you won't have to worry about the hole you made

well, if that bar won't affect if much I think i might try that, thanks for the help guys.

if the radiator isnt bigger than the air driven heatsink youd otherwise use; gotta ask how it can possibly improve your cooling given the additional heat from the pump.

Back