• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone familar with this Memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolverine690

A friend of mine just called me & was asking about this add he saw in the local paper for some pc memory...I'd never heard of the brand or that type of memory & the valued price just seems high though I know for good ram you can pay an arm & a leg.

Anyhow here is what it says...

4GB PC2-3200 DDR2 by Simpletech. Valued at $925, sell for $225.

So is this a good deal? and what does the PC2 refer to? I know a bit about memory but this is one I just am not familar with...also will it work in a normal DDR2 motherboard?

Last edited:
"PC2" is the term used for DDR2 when identifying it by the theoretical bandwidth, instead of the MHz rating.

PC2-3200 is the absolute lowest rating for DDR2 (equivalent to buying DDR2100 or so in DDR1) and hardly any boards are made anymore to support it (check specs for some current product and you'll see that most show support for PC2-5300 or higher).

The value listed is no where near right...maybe $92 for 4 gigs of this stuff, but certainly not $925.

Tell your friend to visit newegg, Mwave, ZipZoomFly, Fry's and a host of other places and look at their prices...then you'll know just how way off that price is relative to actual market price.

Doh...:bang head I remember that now...lol yeah I haven't heard PC2 in like forever guess just forgot about it.

And yeah I figured this was not right just sounded like to much...

Back