• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE7 driving me crazy, need help here please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flip-Mode

Hi, this is my problem and I hope someone can help me with it before the jab something trough the screen.

I have to use IE for my university website as it doesn't support Firefox and last week I un installed Acrobat Pro and now I have the regular Acrobat Reader but when I click on a php link it doesn't redirect the link properly to download a PDF but it tries to download the PHP page it self.

Let me give you an example:
This is what the link looks like: http://mass.bgu.ac.il/wpdf.php?fn=blabla.pdf

Now instead of prompting me to download the PDF file its trying to download wpdf.php file.

Is it a IE7 problem or Adobe one? Even if I don't have Acrobat installed I should be able to download PDF files...

Any ideas?

Have you tried to right click and save as and then just rename the file with a .pdf extension? I've done that before when trying to download various bills and technical papers... just a thought

SuperDave1685 said:
Have you tried to right click and save as and then just rename the file with a .pdf extension? I've done that before when trying to download various bills and technical papers... just a thought
Hummm.... I will try that thanks.

that link does not even work for me
i dont think its your IE7's fault, it is the link's

does it work on other links with pdf files?

try this one here

that link does not even work for me
i dont think its your IE7's fault, it is the link's

does it work on other links with pdf files?

try this one here
If you look at what he typed, he said "looks like". Also, if you look at the file name of the link, it says blabla.pdf... ;)

Back