• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5N-E SLI vs. Gigabyte GA-N650SLI-DS4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You know I have the Asus P5N-E SLI board and I really like it!! The 650 chipset does not get much attention and that's fine. It is however a very stout little board. I run a E6400
24/7 at 3500mhz folding. That is a fsb of 437 running 4 x 1024 sticks of g.Skill 6400HZ 1:1 with the timings set at 4-3-3-4 2T. It is a fast little terror. Look this thing will run at 3800mhz daily. But since it's summer it gets pretty warm while folding.
the board with a bios update will run all the latest cpus. I run the older 404 bios with my allendale chip.
yups.jpg

I have actually improved my cooling since this was done now I idle in the mid 30's @ 3800mhz.
The board is not the top of the line but, it isn't priced like it either!! On the benches it will run with the big dawgs no problems and if you run 2 cards in sli it will bite a lot of the big dawgs right in the ***!!

WZ

i have both the p5n-e and it's big brother the p5n32e plus. they both rock.

when the p5n-e was my benching rig i could bench 3Dmark 06 @ 3720MHz using the 8x mutil on my e6600. I give the board a big thumbs up - plus it's stupid cheap :)

Back