• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IP35 PRO OC help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Immortal_Hero

Anyone have an OCing guide for teh Abit IP35 Pro? I am new to this Intel side and I have a C2D comming.

I think he meant an OC guide specifically for the IP35. I haven't seen an OC Forums guide yet. But, if you look at the Abit AW9D sticky that I started, you'll see a lot of similarity. The IP35 series has more voltage and OC settings, but it will at least get you started on the basics. I have an IP35 on the way right now and plan to have it running by the weekend. I'll watch this thread, so ask questions here and I'll try to help you. We'll learn together.

I think he meant an OC guide specifically for the IP35. I haven't seen an OC Forums guide yet. But, if you look at the Abit AW9D sticky that I started, you'll see a lot of similarity. The IP35 series has more voltage and OC settings, but it will at least get you started on the basics. I have an IP35 on the way right now and plan to have it running by the weekend. I'll watch this thread, so ask questions here and I'll try to help you. We'll learn together.
OH...ok, yes there is one...I just deleted it from my bookmarks about a week ago :(

when you get it up and running at stock just let us know, i can help you out....

are you going to be running a quad or dual core cpu, how much ram,what kind of psu?

Yes I was looking for the IP35 Pro in specific.

I hopefully will have my new gear tomorrow. Ordered this morn from the Egg with rushed processing and overnight shipping. If the order gets in by noon PST they ship the same day with rush processing then it is just up to UPS!

@ batboy, I can def post here. I have a lot of expirence on the AMD side of the house but the Intel has some differences.

One quesiton I have right off after looking at my buddies system what is linked mode? Does this link the memory and FSB speed together. aka 1:1?

@ Evilsizer that would be awsome if you could help! Here is what I am ordering. I want to see 3.2 GHz out of the CPU before the weekend is up!

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=5230853

Yes I was looking for the IP35 Pro in specific.

I hopefully will have my new gear tomorrow. Ordered this morn from the Egg with rushed processing and overnight shipping. If the order gets in by noon PST they ship the same day with rush processing then it is just up to UPS!

@ batboy, I can def post here. I have a lot of expirence on the AMD side of the house but the Intel has some differences.

One quesiton I have right off after looking at my buddies system what is linked mode? Does this link the memory and FSB speed together. aka 1:1?

@ Evilsizer that would be awsome if you could help! Here is what I am ordering. I want to see 3.2 GHz out of the CPU before the weekend is up!

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=5230853

linked mode? sounds like he has the NV680i mobo, cause its only the NV intel based chipsets that allow this. no intel based chipset does this...... 3.2ghz for the cpu you choose is no problem....

linked mode? sounds like he has the NV680i mobo, cause its only the NV intel based chipsets that allow this. no intel based chipset does this...... 3.2ghz for the cpu you choose is no problem....

Yes that was on a 680i.

No linked mode on Intel chipsets like Evil explained. You'll have memory ratios instead. I'd start out using the 1:1 ratio just to make sure the RAM don't hold you back. Evil has that mobo already. Do a search on his earlier thread. It should have some good info.

i kinda stopped on my review since i was waiting for a better bios to see if the fsb wall i have is related to the mobo.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=514725

i still can answer any questions about the board, there is still alot of posts at xs in the IP35-pro thread. though alot of "brian farts" more then anything else happening.

i have heard the new bios does not clock like the first one abit has on the board, imo no need to use any other on this board. unless you just need to update the bios for 45nm which isnt in the bios yet and prolly wont till about 2months after the cpus' release.

i have heard the new bios does not clock like the first one abit has on the board, imo no need to use any other on this board. unless you just need to update the bios for 45nm which isnt in the bios yet and prolly wont till about 2months after the cpus' release.
Makes my kinda wish I had even tried the original bios. I flashed to the latest before I ever even started overclocking the thing.

One thing to the OP. Make sure the heatpipe chipset cooler is seated properly and is laying flat on the chipsets. There have been lots of instances where it was not.

My IP35-Pro just got here moments ago with my new E6750 ( I was to cheap and the cpu was $189) So I will wait on a newer quad or lower prices. I should have backed up all my stuff earlier....just laziness...

I will post some results and ask some questions as well

Evilsizer - I am trying to install windows on the IP35-pro and had trouble with my 36G raptors. I am reinstalling using the Intel raid floppy with ACHI instead of the raid. Is this a known issue? It's really bumming me out. I didn't think the IP35 had any raid issues. Any ideas?

i havent setup raid but you should have hit CLT-I when you set the bios to raid setup. then when doing the windows install selecting the intel raid drivers to install.

Immortal.. if you have any questions, feel free to pm me. I will be in jail until Sunday night, but once I get out, I'll be able to answer ALL of your questions. I was able to get my Q6600 B3 ES to 3.6Ghz with this board. It is definitely a good board. When installing it my old case, I was drilling a hole in the motherboard tray and accidentally cut the edge of the mobo by the SATA connectors. The top electrical layer of the PCB is exposed and the first bottom 2 sata connectors are gnarled from my hole saw (doh!). And the board is still ticking away! I just put a little bit of finger nail polish on it to seal off the exposed PCB, and shes good as new! yes, I read somewhere that ACHI mode was kind of buggy.. I don't remember where though. Try using the RAID option instead.

Evilsizer - I am trying to install windows on the IP35-pro and had trouble with my 36G raptors. I am reinstalling using the Intel raid floppy with ACHI instead of the raid. Is this a known issue? It's really bumming me out. I didn't think the IP35 had any raid issues. Any ideas?

Trouble with Raptors? What kind of trouble? If you can give me some specifics, I think I can reproduce the BIOS from memory these days. LOL.

Altho, working with the DFI "green" has me seeing stars! :beer:

When it came to the screen showing all the drives the 1 raptor would show ERROR (1), and I have had blue screens trying to install my video card (8800 GTS) So I am trying to reinstall (its formatting now) with the intel drivers by using the second choice on the driver selection. I also notice when it boots as the screen flashes by it says no ACHI bios installed! and continues to go. Should I update to the newest bios?

well if you dont select ACHI you would get that screen, now if it does that with ACHI set in bios then you prolly need to. i have never seen that message come up unless i set it to ide, i never tried raid cause i dont have enough drivers to play with raid.

I have more drives than I need, 12 in total actually, but most in the 120GB range. I use 2x36 raptors for OS, 2x250G for Apps, games, 1x 120 for downloads, 1x500 for sorting and storing, as well as 2 external esata drives for storage as well. Heck, from ripping my cd collection to lossless I have over 245G of music.

Nandro, are you all set now? If you selected the RAID/AHCI driver during setup/F6 you should be good.

Back