• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theendisgone

Hi,

I am having problems with my memory...

I have just upgraded to 4gb of corsair ddr 2 twinx 2gb pc6400 ram, but when all 4gb of memory is in my computer i get blue screen of death and windows resets just after a few moments of logging in to windows. but on the other hand when i put 3 sticks of this ram in my computer (any of the 3 sticks) it runs perfect at full speed.

The other funny thing is when i put 3gb of ram in and go into bios it shows up as the full 3gb avaliable but when i put the 4gb or ram in and go into bios it says there is 4gb installed but only 3500mb avaiable !!

My system is...

m2a-vm asus motherboard (latest bios)
4x corsair ddr2 twinx 2gb pc6400 (hopefully)
amd athlon 6000+
geforce 8600gt
150 raptor drive
Windows vista 64bit (all updates)

anyone any ideas what could be causing this ? i have been messing with it for days now and had no joy :(

Thanks for any help

Are you placing the fourth stick in the same slot every time you tried to get all four to work?

Reason being that the motherboard slot might be bad.

Also, try running memtest86+ on each stick individually - with no other sticks installed. That way you can see if one is up to something evil!

no tried them in diffrent slots and diffrent combinations of sticks !!! ill try memtest86+ on each one now see if it comes up with anything ! thanks for the reply

there actully 1gb sticks just say 2gb on them, guess its beacuse the come in pairs

there actully 1gb sticks just say 2gb on them, guess its beacuse the come in pairs

How weird - who comes up with this stuff lol...

I hate when computers give silly problems like this.

I would email the motherboard and memory manufacturers to ask if there is a known problem with your components, just in case. But you might not think that this is worth it- they will probably just give you a cut-and-paste answer of "we do not officially ... "

well the results are in...

I tested each stick everyone in a diffrent slot on the motherboard and every stick passed.

any body else any ideas ?

thanks

Back