• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IP35 Pro problems and questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jb3231

I keep getting lock-ups in windows no matter what settings I use. Even using factory default clocks I can't get it stable. I never take errors on dual prime it just locks up and I have to reboot. I've tried adjusting every voltage there is so it's not a setting. The previous dual prime OC that I used will run windows for about 30 sec then locks up. I've tried new HDD's, new ram, new proc. Before the problems started I could get 478 FSB but it didn't make any difference what multiplier I used. I think that was the board limiting me.

Anyway, since I using a Raid "0" setup should I stay away from the ASUS P5K premium? I've seen alot of people having raid problems with that board. Also, will the P5K Deluxe FSB limit be higher than the ABit? I can get the Deluxe at my local Frys tonight. They don't carry the Premium.

I'm going to RMA the ABit board and then install it in a new rig for my wife. I want to go ahead and get something for my machine now.

Does the Deluxe have the Raid issues that the Premium does?

Your PSU sucks for one thing. It sucks too that many people spend $2K on a monster system and buy a $50 PSU to power it, then to RMA it after changing every piece of hardware EXCEPT the PSU. The Corsair 450VX ($51 AMIR from clubit) will run the board better than that 630W Raidmax. Oh well...

It is my understanding that the RAID problems have been resolved with the Asus boards. You need to install different RAID drivers (thant the ones that come on the included disc) by creating a disc to load at F6 during windows installation. This has to be done from the Asus website, not the drivers disc that comes in the box with the mobo.

Why would you assume it's the PSU instead of the mobo?

I just installed the E6850 yesterday to see what I could do with it. It's worse than the E6750. It's not stable doing anything. I reapplied my AS5 and reseated the Zalman. Still not good.

I just installed the E6850 yesterday to see what I could do with it. It's worse than the E6750. It's not stable doing anything. I reapplied my AS5 and reseated the Zalman. Still not good.

Because that is the opinion of people that have been doing this for years. From your description, I would absolutely say PSU is your issue.

And since I know what your PSU actually is, I'd say there's a 95% chance that your PSU IS THE PROBLEM.

Why would you assume it's the motherboard and not your power supply? The key word here is assume so until you actually test you shouldn't assume it's the board.

Why do I assume it's the PSU and not the mobo? Because your mobo is a proven winner and that PSU is a POS.

RX-630A - here's a recent review from a newegg.com buyer:

"Thought it was good...
Pros: I purchased this power supply as an upgrade so I could run a X1950Pro video card. Install was a breeze and I really like the modular format. The design and LED lights fit in nice with my existing case.

Cons: I started getting random freezes, crashes and lock up just after install. After a month of trouble shooting I had a computer technician examine my rig and discovered that the output was not within specifications. I had to RMA. Hope the next one works better."

a motherboard is only going to function correctly when it gets clean power from the psu. if the psu is giving it dirty power then yea your going to have problems. do you think your car would run good with dirty gas? the psu is the "gas" for your computer, i have gone thru the same things when i was younger thinging that any psu would do. trust us thats not the case.

Simple, because you said you have swapped out every other piece of hardware and as someone already stated your PSU is a POS!!!

RMA the PSU and buy at least a Corsair HX520. Modular and kicks a$$ for $80AMIR from clubit (if the sale is still going on).

Simple, because you said you have swapped out every other piece of hardware and as someone already stated your PSU is a POS!!!

RMA the PSU and buy at least a Corsair HX520. Modular and kicks a$$ for $80AMIR from clubit (if the sale is still going on).

just IMO this psu is a better deal though not modular and no MIR
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=PS-E5150GH
if its in jonny's list it has to be solid. that and well its powering my parents rig and you never know it running at all.

Back