• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PD805 @ 3.8Ghz high temps...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

qdubbs

Registered
ok im going nuts here

PD 805 @ 3.8Ghz 1.53v
also its stable at 3.8 but no matter what i do i cant get even 1Mhz higher FSB or i get a BSOD

I got MCP655
Apogee GT Bowed
and this heater core from some russian car:
DSC00043_2.jpg

Pump is running at 13.8v
and some crap 120mm fan at 18v pulling thru the rad

cooling just the CPU

I redid the water cooling 5-6 times and no matter what i do my idle temp is 37c and Load 54c... room temp is 25c
pump works just fine, nothing clogged, tubes are fine.... i opened the water block to see if its not clogged or something....
Is it just that the rad is crap or i need a better fan? Or maybe those temps are normal for the POS CPU(lol)?

Also the thing was running at 3.7Ghz 1.47v 69c with a Zalman CNPS9700 cooler before that

is it possible that IHS doesnt make good contact with cores?

well i made a big *** bong cooler just to see what will happen and i get 4-5c lower...

Rad - 37 idle 54 load
Bong - 33 idle and 49 load

:|

Last edited:
lol... no replies

anyway i'll be getting a Quad core soon
and i'll try to remove the IHS from the PD805. I know i'll prolly just kill it but what the hell
its 2 cores 2 dies right? Not 2 cores on 1 die?

lol... no replies

anyway i'll be getting a Quad core soon
and i'll try to remove the IHS from the PD805. I know i'll prolly just kill it but what the hell
its 2 cores 2 dies right? Not 2 cores on 1 die?

It will probably looks like this. ;)

Not mine though, grabbed it somewhere at the net.
Pentium D 820 naked.jpg

Last edited:
Back