• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PII 350 need suggestions for replacement Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Colin Mc Donald

I will be getting a motherboard to run this chip. Any suggestions as to which used mother board offers best overclocking for this chip?
I Have mini at tower
did have m715 board (pcchips, Matsonic or Elpina) 66mhz@233mhz

if I get 100mhz board=350mhz (chip locked 3.5 multiplier)?
if I get 133mhz board=465 mhz, ?
would I be able to get any more?

Any assistance greatly appreciated

Think you'll have to get a ATX case as well.
I would look for a Abit BE6II or a Asus P3V4X, I'm sure there are more good boards but the slot1 boards are getting old.

And yes the multiplier is locked, but that doesn't mean that when you buy a 100Mhz board (EX: BX chipset) you can only run it @350Mhz, a lot of BX boards don't have a problem running @ 133MHz or more.
You might be able to get more than 466, at least I got mine @ 466 default CV (2.0V) with a P3V4X.

Asus p2b-b on e:ay can run $80 plus your better off with a new case like antec 282 with power supply for $ 50 at BB and a p3v4x used $30-$50 $80-$100 investment you get a decent atx case and antec 300w PS and a better mobo options .

Back