• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance and 8800GT Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TimT

Registered
Hi All,

I recently decided to try watercooling and purchased a Koolance Exos2 w/the CPU-305-V10 cooler for my Q6600 and the VID-278 for my new BFG 8800 GT OC2. I also picked up the Asus Maximus Formula SE w/the built-in NB/SB cooling block.

Everything is working properly with one major exception: I can't get the system to boot with the GPU block on the vid card. The Asus MB just gives me the same beep codes as when there's no video card installed at all.

The BFG card works perfectly if I put the stock heatsink/fan back on and I've spoken w/BFG support who says there's no reason the card can't be watercooled and have no idea as to what the problem may be.

Just to be sure, I've tried reattaching the fan connector while the block is installed but that hasn't helped. I've also tried supporting the block/card while booting to see if the weight was affecting the PCI-E connection, which also didn't help. When I've removed the GPU block it looks as though it's made a nice solid connection to the GPU and I can see the shape of the RAM and the other chips on the thermal strips.

I emailed Koolance support on the off chance that they could help but haven't received any response. At this point I'm really at a loss as to what the cuase is or what to try next, and would really appreciate any suggestions you folks may have!

If it's at all helpful, here's the cooling layout:
Exos2 3/8" to CPU block.
CPU block out to splitter: 3/8" to NB/SB and 1/4" to GPU block.
NB/SB out and GPU out merged back to 3/8" out to Exos2.

Thanks,
Tim

Back