• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking E4500 w/ Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xfezz

I bought this board to hold me over until I feel like doing a full rebuild whenever Nehalem comes out. My plan was to use my Sapphire x1950pro AGP and an E4500. OC the E4500 to 266fsb and then call it the day.

Sounds simple but apparently theres issues oc'ing when this board is paired with a cpu running on a default 200fsb strap. I read about a BSEL mod that sets the default fsb at 266. But in all honestly I don't want to do that.

The max I could get is 236. Booted into windows but after about 15mins it crashed. Temps are about 28-30c idle 40-42c under full load @ stock. But I haven't seen core temps go over 36-38c under heavy gaming. So I don't think temps are an issue. I'm sure I could probably run at 225-230fsb but imo its not worth the oc at these levels.

I was just curious if anyone has any over clocking experience this board that might be able to help me out. I have a feeling I might just have to run this on stock. Even at stock this E4500 is running circles around my old P4 2.8b so I'm quite happy. I just thought I'd be able to squeeze a bit more out of it.

E4500 @ stock
Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2
2gb kingston DDR2 667
160gig IDE HD
120gig IDE HD
DVD-ROM IDE
DVD-Burner IDE
Creative Audigy Gamer sound card
Sapphire x1950pro AGP
Mushkin HP-550 Enhanced Power Supply (550w)

Back