• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will I need another Rad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jetster220

Im currently running whats in my sig. a D-Tek Fuzion with a MCR220 radiator with a MCP655 pump cooling a X2 4200+ @1.5v 2.87Ghz and I want to add my 8800GTX to the loop. I plan to add a couple of 88CFM Yate Loon fans to the back of the rad for max airflow across it. Do you guys think this will be enough to dissapate the heat of my OC'e CPU and the GTX.

Should be fine. If your load temps end up getting higher than you'd like, just get some faster fans and a fan controller. That way when you're running the system at full bore you can keep good temps/clocks and be silent when doing low load activities.

Well your cpu temps are definitely going to go up a little and your GPU temps should go down a bit. Kind of a give and take situation. When I was running 939s I never liked my cpu above 60c and you will be getting close by adding that GTX to the loop.

So you might have to decide if it is worth it to put that GTX in the loop. If it gets you a decent amount of mhz it probably will be. I think your going to be pushing the limits of the rad and should consider a 120x3.

--pak

A dual should be fine for what you are cooling with decent airflow. I especially think watercooling GPUs makes a lot of sense as they see more of a temp benefit (and hence overclock) from watercooling than processors do.

Cool, thanks guys, so I should probably be okay then. Ive got a pretty good amount of air moving through the case, and Im gonna add some high CFM fans straight to the Rad. Now if the stinking MCW60-R's will ever come off of backorder.

Back