• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dice again :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dawgdoc

Ok well another full night of dice on my Q6600 the other nite. All in all it was a decently successful run score-wise :)

System tonight was the P5K vanilla with vdroop (pencil) as well as Vcore, Vmch, Vdimm, and Vpll mods soldered with VRs, Q6600 G0, 160 gb PATA hd, EVGA 8800 GTX (didnt run any 3D though still waiting on that darn Tek9), Dragon Evo 2.4, and about 25lbs of dice :)

CPU-Z Q6600 @ 4775
: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=289763 . Also note the FSB of 530 on the P5K Vanilla with a quad :) Not toooooo shabby there.

Spi 1M at 10.8 sec, with Ram at 627 Mhz, 5:6 ratio and 4-4-4-6:) I LOVE my crucial ballistix pc 8500 :) Couldnt get it to 1300 with those timing though.....
http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=682649

Wprime 32M at 8.8 sec. Top3 Q6600 for WP 32m!! I think my memory was 5:6 at over 625mhz on this one as well, but I just wanted to get the screenie before the computer rebooted on me so no memory tab :) http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=682672

Wprime 1024M
: Also #3 Q6600 on hwbot :) http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=682672

Hexus Pifast:
Also #3 Q6600.....those top 2 scores are gonna be tough on this board.....I think its the board limiting my FSB at this time although it could be the CPU....not sure. Either way its a decent score! http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=682669

Only problem I encountered was.....could NOT run a full Spi 32M to save my life. I kept getting "CHECKSUM INVALID ERROR" and 1 other error I cant recall. I just loosening my timings, lowering my CPU OC, adding more volts to the ram....NOTHING would allow me to run 32M.

Any ideas on that?

Ohh...and BTW....Happy New Year OCF!

I saw a decent increase going from 4 to 1 cores with my q6600 as well as upping the pll volts to 2.3v got me to 535 or so on my vanilla ;)
some very nice results though

Last edited:
LOL 530 FSB, 627 Cas 4...if there were an award for fastest out of the gate you'd be the winner by a long shot. These kind of numbers would be impressive even for guys who've been overclocking for some time. 32M can be tricky, especially at high ram frequencies. You did complete 1024M with similar settings so I think you we're right on the edge of stability...right where you should be ;)

Once again I'm impressed, good work doc toast.gif

TY guys TY :)

Im reasonably pleased :)

Cant wait to get my Tek 9 for the GPU as well as some LN2 in my setup though :)

And Mark, TY for the kind words! Some of this is me and my learning/ambition yes, but honestly some of it is #1) Good quality products such as the CB PC8500. That stuff just rocks hard and hear of ppl all over the net hitting 1250+ on that stuff routinely :)

Also #2, jut me being silly and running INSANE volts into my system with wanton abandon LOL.....At 1 time I had Vcore 1.92 with Vdimm 2.6 or 2.7 :p

Feels goooooood though :) Im totally hooked :)

very nicely done...that memory is certainly impressive.

now, about this business with not being able to get 32M SPi ran but having 1024 WPrime?!?! i have always had no problem with 32M but getting WPrime at the same clocks is always a pipe dream...with just a dual core too. i am assuming you tried to run 32M at the same clocks as 1024 WPrime? that just seems odd to me but i would imagine it was memory related...just a guess though.

very nicely done...that memory is certainly impressive.

now, about this business with not being able to get 32M SPi ran but having 1024 WPrime?!?! i have always had no problem with 32M but getting WPrime at the same clocks is always a pipe dream...with just a dual core too. i am assuming you tried to run 32M at the same clocks as 1024 WPrime? that just seems odd to me but i would imagine it was memory related...just a guess though.

Yes I ran 32M same as 1024M. I lowered CPU OC. I lowered mem OC. I threw more volts at mem. I ran it in both XP AND Vista, and even ran 32M at the end of the night once again to no avail after all the other benches.

Not sure whats going on with that.....Ill try again soon and see if I can get it.

when running 32m did you set the affinity to a certain core? still don't see why you'd be able to complete wprime 1024 though :shrug:

when running 32m did you set the affinity to a certain core? still don't see why you'd be able to complete wprime 1024 though :shrug:

Nope. Ran WP1024 with all 4 cores same as I did for Spi 1M and 32M.

Was saving setting single core benches for another night since I didnt have a chance to read up on it fully before this session.

Let me explain a little more detail on the error(s).

After starting 32M it would calculate for a variable amount of time, and then small windows alert box with an "OK" button on it would pop up.

1 error message would say (in all caps) CHECKSUM INVALID or something similiar. I cant recall what the other message was :(

yeah, I didn't mean setting to single core, I meant setting affinity for super pi to a certain core of the proc through task manager

yeah, I didn't mean setting to single core, I meant setting affinity for super pi to a certain core of the proc through task manager

Doh, I totally forgot to do that. I even forgot to do that in Vista for WP which will very much so affect my scores.....wont it?

Hmmm...thought I remembered how to set the affinity on the cores thru task manager, but not able to figure it out.

Any chance there is a link someone can post where it is allready described/discussed or perhaps type me out a quick and dirty rundown?

Thx :)

on setting affinity through task manager?

right-click on the program you want to set for in the Processes list. click on Set Affinity from the menu that the right-click brings up. then only check the cores you want it to use.

with WPrime, you don't want to set affinity since it is a multi-threaded benchmark so you want all 4 cores to run. with SPi, one is more than enough.

right-click on the program you want to set for in the Processes list. click on Set Affinity from the menu that the right-click brings up. then only check the cores you want it to use.

with WPrime, you don't want to set affinity since it is a multi-threaded benchmark so you want all 4 cores to run. with SPi, one is more than enough.
affinity.jpg

Screenshot to help :D

affinity.jpg

Screenshot to help :D

Cant ask for more than that!!

Beautiful :clap: :D

TY

Back