• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel d975xbx2 overclocking help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

=TBC= Chief

I am relitively new to the overclocking scene, and i have a few questions that i would love the have answered. Right now i'm running my E6600 at 3.0 with my fsb:dram at 1:1. When i run cpu-z it's telling me that my rated FSB is 1336 mhz. Ive set the timing on my memory ito 4-4-4-12. I'm just not sure if my rated fsb should be that high.
If i try to get my cpu past 3.0 it won't post. Is this because of the memory? I'm using OCZ Platnium 800mhz

Here is a screenie of my CPU-Z stuff, hope you can read it!
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj226/placid_vitality/CPU-Z.jpg

More memory voltage or vcore should get your CPU clock higher. How much is your vdimm set to now? Try to find out how much voltage QCZ recommends for those sticks. XBX2 also need extra vMCH when you get the FSB up to around 400.

The rated FSB shown in CPU-Z is quadpumped, the FSB you set in Bios x 4, so thats a correct reading.

I'm pretty sure my mem voltages are at 2.04 right now. I remember bumping it up from 1.84. Do you think i need some more power to them mem?

I really don't want to start bumping up the vcore till i get a better heatsink for my cpu, as i'm still using the stock cooler.

Is the 1:1 ratio the best? (266:533) I think... Because i've noticed at this setting, my ram is only at 667mhz. When i bump up the cpu, this will raise right?

I can't really test anything at the moment, because i am steping up my gts 320 to a gts 512, and there is no onboard video with this mobo.

Last edited:
Maybe need more power to the RAM, but better to loosen the timings to find the max OC, set 5-5-5-15 for now and then tighten again when you found your CPUs limit.

You can safely increase the vcore a bit with the stock cooler, i wouldnt hesitate to go north of 1.4v. Its very likely that your CPU is limited to 3GHz on stock volts, so try to bump a bit. Also activate the Enhanced Power Slope in Bios, it reduces vdroop.

Back