• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another thread about which board...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nickdeveau

I realize these threads are numerous but I am really torn on what board to buy..
Ive got the following hardware already:
Intel quad core Q6700
Geforce 7950 GX2 1GB (probably will be upgrading to 8800GT or GTS soon)
G Skill 4 GB PC2 8000 CL 5
Corsair 620HX PSU
Antec P180 case
and most likely will be watercooling this rig as well.

I was really interested in the Asus Maximus SE because of the built in waterblock
but I don't know if it's worth shelling out the dough for a board like that when I won't be using Crossfire and probably won't ever use SLI either.

Any thoughts?

-cheers :beer:

Well you pretty much can't buy a decent mobo without XFire or SLI, so I wouldn't let that be the factor in making your decision.

It wouldn't bother me to have either, I just wanted to put it out there that whether it has it or not shouldnt matter, but if I had to choose it would be to go toward SLI rather than crossfire. I'm not much of an ATI guy

well P35 was never made for CF but ATI approved the boards with dual 16x physical slots for it. yes you can get good boards that dont have both... gigabyte P35-S3/P35-S3L/P35-DS3/P35-DS3L/P35-DS3R, Abit IP35-E/IP35.. i would go on to list some asus boards but the lack of 4phase pwm's is why i dont.. you dont get 4phase or higher till you get the DLX or prem boards...

Back