• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP ME WITH MY P5K. . Endless loop...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zuzzz

Premium Member
Thats right brand new P5K with a E6750 will not POST or power up. Thought it might be a BIOS issue so I dropped in my old P4 640. Now the board powers on for a few seconds then shuts off, REPEATEDLY!! I get not video nor any beep codes. Anyone have any ideas or is this a job for RMA??

Z

I have since removed and remouted everything. For some unknown reason the board came to life and is now working perfectly. I suspect I just over looked sometihng small. I dont knowwhat it could be but hey. Its alive and overclocked so far to 3.2 on 1.275 volts.

Z

Ok all seems well but for testing purposes I decided to shut it off and unplug it for 20 mins. I have a logitech keyboard(this means something) that lights up when power is applied to the mother board. When I press the power on button after this 20 wait the systems fans spin up and die. IF the light in the keyboard stays lit the system will reboot normally after 5 seconds. If not I must shut down the power supply(unplug it) and wait for the green LED to die off and try again. After a few times the system fires up no problems. This happens overclocked or not. The key is if that light on the keyboard dies when power is applied the system will not boot. Otherwise this is a rocket.

Power supply is an Antec True Power 480.

Z

PS:: After further checking I have found I have only 1 12v rail and it peaks at 22 amps. I'll be replacing this PSU ASAP and will post with results.

Last edited:
is there standoffs under your motherboard to make sure the motherboard is not close to your case...makeing unnessesary connections

Ok all seems well but for testing purposes I decided to shut it off and unplug it for 20 mins. I have a logitech keyboard(this means something) that lights up when power is applied to the mother board. When I press the power on button after this 20 wait the systems fans spin up and die. IF the light in the keyboard stays lit the system will reboot normally after 5 seconds. If not I must shut down the power supply(unplug it) and wait for the green LED to die off and try again. After a few times the system fires up no problems. This happens overclocked or not. The key is if that light on the keyboard dies when power is applied the system will not boot. Otherwise this is a rocket.

Power supply is an Antec True Power 480.

Z

PS:: After further checking I have found I have only 1 12v rail and it peaks at 22 amps. I'll be replacing this PSU ASAP and will post with results.

That power glitch thingy is normal for the board if I understand you correctly.
Yeah a 22A PSU is weak.....

Got any references to this power issue Ranger?? Does this mean the board is bad??

Yes, antipresto... the motherboard is installed properly. No grounding out or shorts to the case.

Z

I have since removed and remouted everything. For some unknown reason the board came to life and is now working perfectly. I suspect I just over looked sometihng small. I dont knowwhat it could be but hey. Its alive and overclocked so far to 3.2 on 1.275 volts.

Z

Considering the vDrop and vDroop that seems to plague this board, have you tried upping the CPU voltage a bit? I run my P5K/E6750 combo at 3.2GHz @ 1.40v. Could probably get away with a bit less, but my temps are good. Probably won't help your immediate problem, but it's just something I noticed. Good luck.

Back