• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help building my loop...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Doruletz

My PC Case would does not have enough space for mounting any 360 mm or 480 mm Radiators.

Therefore, I have a single Corsair HydroX XD5 RGB Reservoir/PUMP combo, and two 240 mm Radiators in my water cooled system (240 mm x 2).
Should I make the loop...
1 - PUMP Out --> GPU --> CPU --> Radiator 1 --> Radiator 2 --> Reservoir/PUMP In
Or should I make it...
1 - PUMP Out --> GPU --> Radiator 1 --> CPU --> Radiator 2 --> Reservoir/PUMP In
Which do you think would be more efficient and why ???

Check out the water cooling sticky threads in the water cooling section (where i moved this thread since this is exclusively about water cooling). They are good to build a knowledge base. ;)
https://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/628092-The-Ultimate-Water-Cooling-Thread

As the links say, loop order doesn't matter outside of the fact that a res should be before the pump (which you have a combo, so it is). Temperature variations inside a properly configured loop is around 1-2C so putting a rad before a block doesn't yield much at all. The loop comes to an equilibrium, really... there aren't 'hot spots' like you're thinking. :thup:

Check out the water cooling sticky threads in the water cooling section (where i moved this thread since this is exclusively about water cooling). They are good to build a knowledge base. ;)
https://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/628092-The-Ultimate-Water-Cooling-Thread

As the links say, loop order doesn't matter outside of the fact that a res should be before the pump (which you have a combo, so it is). Temperature variations inside a properly configured loop is around 1-2C so putting a rad before a block doesn't yield much at all. The loop comes to an equilibrium, really... there aren't 'hot spots' like you're thinking. :thup:

Thank you for your fast reply.

I was thinking the same thing, that the temperature in the loop should stabilize, and any variations along the loop will be negligible.

I guess I will just hook them up in the easiest and most esthetic way possible, with no particular regard to the order of components..

Probably it will end up being...

1 - PUMP Out --> GPU --> CPU --> Radiator 1 --> Radiator 2 --> Reservoir/PUMP In

This, I spent long time worrying about my GPU affecting CPU temps only to discover a clogged jet in my CPU water block was the actual culprit.

Back