• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xfx n force 780i

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rotel602

cpu intel q6600
power supply pc power cooling 1 kw
seuplemntal thermalake 250 watt
memory 4 gigs of TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX
2 150 raptors raid 0
3 250 gig drives raid 0 and wesern digital 500 gig external drive
2 bfg 8800 gtx oc (looking to put a third in soon)
i am using the corsair natalus 500 with a danger den cpu block to cool the cpu

well my dilema is from the mother board it gives me error code "c1" if i over clock the board to a modest 3 gig hz and leaving the memory at its abse speed and timings. has any one had this issue if so how did you resolve the problem, if i hear the beep again i am going to punt this board down the street. thank you.

check the power to the video cards. seems like i got that POST code and heard the long beep when my vga power got knocked loose.

you can also try running your RAM at 1:1, that should be slower than spec

C1 error is a memory error not a video card problem. sounds like your either runing linked to where the quad pumped buss number is higher then what the ram can do. as a 1:1 mode in 600's and 780i is a 680i chipset with NV200 medai chip to be called 780. that means that the board is using a quad pumped speed from the cpu to be you ram speed for 1:1 ratio. it would look like this cpu quad fsb =1066 1:1 ram = 1066. where in reality on P35/x38,ratio would look like this cpu quad fsb 1066/266 1:1 ram=533. since its the actual fsb 266 not the quad pumped that should be used.

go unlinked with the ram and set it to rated speeds.

found my problem

ok guys i thank you for taking the time to post in regards to my problem. i have isolated my issue and it seems that one of my memory moduals is defective. i think i am going to go out and grap a different faster brand. i have used ocz before and it seemed to never give me a problem like this stuff. well again one has to love these boards they do help .

keep this in mind, NV based boards work a bit different with ram then intel based ones. you dont need crazy vdimm to get the ram to clock up. like if it took 2.3v to oc your ram on a P35 to ddr2-1000, it would take about .2v less to oc to the same on 680i.

Back