• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone ever used an Ozarka cooler for FC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madmax1

Registered
I have an ozarka cooler that has a cooling unit in it. Do you think that can be used to cool a cpu?

I have an ozarka cooler that has a cooling unit in it. Do you think that can be used to cool a cpu?

By cooler to you mean a cooler like to toss beers and sodas into?

Thats all I could find by a google of "Ozarka Cooler".

IF that is the case, then no. I sincerely doubt you can use any refrigerating or cooling units for cooling a CPU. These units are designed to get cold and maintain a mildly cool environment BUT NOT when opposed by strong heat forces like those that are produced by a CPU.

Imagine if you tossed a can of soda in the cooler at 50C and it stayed at 50C and kept producing heat at 50C. It would literally melt the inside of the cooler probably.

There is a sticky in the extreme cooling section about "Can I use a minifridge to cool my CPU?" or something similiar that goes into this in more detail but in a nutshell, unless my assessment of what an Ozarka Cooler is, no, you cannot use it to cool your CPU :(

I was referring to the unit that is inside the Ozarka drinking water 5 gallon dispensers. It has a cooling unit inside of it that keep the water cold.

It has a compressor and condensor inside of it. I just wonder if it would get cold enough.

^^^What he said. :D

They aren't designed to handle any continuous heat load feeding into them, just to cool water down in their little reservoir.

Back