• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Micro Center is too......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WedgeWhacko

Damn addictive...

I walk into the one here in Denver and long behold I walk out with a new quad, a new raptor, new Mobo, hell even a new heatsink...

not to mention a few other oddball things.
All I went in there for is to get a 2180 and matx mobo...sheesh.

Anyways just to let you know the $199 Quads are still there, I was told they have about 200 still available.
So if you are in the Denver Area you might want to grab one.
I have also been told that since the High volume of business, a person might be able to grab more than a few quads in a day.

Now back to setting this system up...lol

I hate you. I hate all you jerks who have Microcenter and/or Frys near them.

What's scary is that there prices are getting competitive with Newegg. I bought an E2160 there yesterday for $60 + tax. Newegg is $72 shipped! Q6600 is $40 cheaper than Newegg! They must be raising prices someplace else cause they have some real sweet deals.

What's scary is that there prices are getting competitive with Newegg. I bought an E2160 there yesterday for $60 + tax. Newegg is $72 shipped! Q6600 is $40 cheaper than Newegg! They must be raising prices someplace else cause they have some real sweet deals.

I don't know about Microcenter but I do know that Fry's can have some pretty good deals on processors, mainboards, RAM, HDD, and such that will blow Newegg out of the water. The main difference is that the Newegg price is every day and not a possible "loss leader" to get people in the door and hopefully buy more than just the good deal they went in to get. The normal price on the same items will typically be higher than at Newegg once the sales are over though. But don't get me wrong, I take full advantage of these great sales at the local Fry's hehe.

Interestingly enough, you will typically never ever find a great deal on a video card at Fry's which seems strange to me hehe.

A guy I work with used to work for microcenter, he told me they make all their money from replacement plans, and stuff like cables that you don't need.

Well I just had to go grab a 2160 for the parents....today...

They do seem a tad pushy in regards to making you buy more stuff than you need.

but it's a good place locally atleast incase I can't get a newegg order in.

I used to work at Fry's. That place OVERPRICES everything else they have on the shelves for the most part. Right now their standard "Everyday Low Price" for a Q6600 is $299. The only time it is worthwhile to buy something from them is when they make it a "Loss Leader"

Those are about the only things at decent prices. Everything else there is way over priced. The 8800GT's are like 300+.

I have a Microcenter VERY very close to me.

trust me, your not missing anything. If I need anything fast, say a cable, I'm paying 30 bucks for the damned thing. Sure they have the cool sound card here or a great video card, but damn, so expensive most of the time.

The only time I've bought from them is when they had an amazing deal there, but often by the time I get there its sold out and I could've bought it online.

Back