• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New Water Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tagan7

Im gonna start a build for my Q6600 system (see sig),Ill be ordering parts here and there.....Here are the parts im getting......

Thermalright XWB-1 (HAVE)
Swiftech-MCP-355 With XSPC Premium Laing DDC Clear Acrylic Top And XSPC Laing DDC Stand
Black Ice GTX 360
With A.C. Ryan RadGrillz™ Stripes 3x120 Aluminum Black
Swiftech Micro-Res (HAVE)
120mm Scythe SY1225SL12H 110CFM x3
ClearFLEX 60
Sunbeam 5-1/4" Rheobus Kit

Pics:

DSCI0001.jpg

DSCI0002.jpg

DSCI0003.jpg

DSCI0004.jpg

DSCI0005.jpg

DSCI0008-3.jpg

DSCI0009-2.jpg

DSCI0010-1.jpg

DSCI0011-1.jpg

It looks pretty good, i think the rad would be quite a bit of overkill and the pump a little underpowered (especially with that big of a rad). I think a two fan rad would be more economical for the same performance and you could then invest in a gpu block perhaps: better gcard overclocking :) Also, check out the classifieds for some quality stuff, you probably won't need to turn the fans up very high so feel free to save money on that with some used fans that don't blow as hard.

That looks like a great loop and that top for your DDC is superb. I would of personally went with a MCP350 though just because I have experienced the difference in noise levels (only in close range though is the difference noticable).

I don't quite understand why you went with the Thermalright block though. Thermalright is the king of air but as far as water blocks go, there are better options like the Dtek Fuzion, Swiftech Apogee, and EK Supreme.

I don't know about that block 's performance,will it beat the D-tek Fuzion ?

It was $40, and here is a lil review for ya ;)
For what im usuing (a low restriction loop) it outperforms the other blocks.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...hermalright-xwb-1-cpu-water-block-review.html

Pros:
- Best out of the box performance in a high end CPU only loop
- Great aesthetics
- LGA775 backplate included to prevent motherboard flexing
- Includes everything you need out of the box for LGA775
- Instruction manual was simple and clear.

*it should be noted that the APOGEE GTX needed to be "bowed" with a thicker O-ring in order to beat the XWB-1

If you are going to have a loop with only a CPU block, the EK Supreme is the clear winner. The EK bests any other mainstream block in a CPU exclusive application, beating the Fuzion by over 3°C.

So it may be a degree better then the XWB but this was only $41 ;) And it beats the apogee and Fusion

I actually just picked up a sexy plexi EK Supreme for $50. Exceptional deal but even at $60 the EK Supreme is more versatile, as it allows you to switch the plates between performance and high flow depending on your specific loop configuration.

And I'm willing to bet the Supreme outperforms the Thermalright by more then a degree. ;)
Nonetheless you have made your choice, and it isn't a bad choice, I was just saying there are better options.

Back