• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I RMA this thing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zx2Slow

Central Pennsylvania/Southern New Hampshire
So I had two eVga 8800GT's and stepped up to GTS's before my window ran out. I received both cards and I am happy with one, the other shows damage. The sticker on the heat sync cover is applied crooked, and the PCI dust cover bracket thing is bent pretty bad, the outside box showed no damage at all. Both 8800GT's I shipped back were in absolutely perfect condition.

Does eVga give B-Stock out for their step up cards or is this something I should RMA or attempt to return, I haven't installed the card yet but there appears to be no damage to the card itself, Ill just need to bend the PCI bracket back to install the thing.

It's kind of a non issue really, I plan to throw some EK waterblocks on them, I just wanted your opinions if it was really worthwhile to go thru the process and be out a card for ~2 weeks

If the cards work and seat properly and you plan on hacking htem up anyway then I'd not bother returning it, that's just a waste of time and effort on your and their end.

I'd send it back...have to see pics to be sure but whenever I get a part that looks damaged I send it back. From the sound of it, the part shouldn't have passed their quality control in the first place.

How did this wind up in General Discussions? There's a NVIDIA forum, a General Video forum, a General Hardware forum...

Back