• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG I HATE MINERS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
Aside from them buying up all the gpus a while back. why are they so brain dead, you buy a EVGA card but you dont register it for the warranty. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU! then you expect to get close to msrp for a card you never registered and the new buyer gets no warranty. they should be skinned for such a thing!

joking at the end but really register the evga card even if you do not think you will keep it long enough. i make a offer based on them not registering the card then they get all offended by it. i just tell them i would have paid the asking price if the card was registered for the warranty, yes im look at EVGA or even maybe asus cards for the 3000's. seems them 2 have the best coolers as far as design and making good contact to remove heat.

yea, i'm having better luck with LHR cards

are you looking at the FTW or the XC3 cooler cards?

3060Ti XC gaming but im not apposed to the 3 fan cooler. just means i have to mount the AIO in the top of the case. the 3 fan setup should be fairly quite with keeping temps in check. though i keep eyeballing the 3070's on the bay.

When I was selling my cards after some months of mining, then no one even asked about a warranty. All wanted them for mining and didn't care about anything. The same people, after the next couple of months, set the same cards on auctions. I wouldn't buy any used electronics without a warranty, but some people just don't care.

yea true, i would go retail but those prices are nuts. it is about a $50 to roughtly $80 spread between getting a 3060Ti or 3070.

I could sell my RTX3070, but I guess at current prices, added shipping, and some more, it won't be worth it (at least for me).

ok so the second 2060Super from GB, has had all the thermal pads replaced and PK3 on the gpu. with the fans on auto still the gpu temp is not breaking 78c after running furmark for about 15mins. the temp increase was so much slower this time around as to when i first got the card it would shoot right up. with fans on auto, fan speed shows to be at 94% to hold that temp. did all manufactures just make weak coolers for the 2060 supers? i dont under stand the 2 heat pipes on the cooler, should be more. the other thing that bothers me is the extra mount needed for the memory. as in the base cooler has a separate plate screwed onto the the heatsink. i really did not think about adding some TIM to that plate, the section that makes contact with 4 of the memory IC's. There is barely any mating surface to the main heatsink, now the other 2 sides that have 2 ic's have damn near full contact with the heatsink. i really wish they didnt go 2 piece route with that, if they did they should have had fins on that second piece. That it will interweave if you will with the main fins to aid in cooling the memory.

while writing this post, the gpu has now hit 80c with fan speed still at 94%. at first when i got the 2060 super i was going to use that for a bit, i was going to get this pci slot 3 fan bracket. it came with 92mm fans but i bought some in advance LOL, some artic F9's and some Kaze 92mm to test out. this wont be a issue once i things sorted, either sell the 9600k rig with the card or just let it run FAH. If it runs FAH i will just disable more cores in bios drop the cpu speed down to 2.4ghz or in that ballpark.

ok so help me on this one, why is the out of the box profile so wild for this card. how is it i can get the same clock and fps in games with power limit at 90% vs 100%? i even upped a few setting from my 1060 6gb card too! after finding the options, power limit set 90%/memory stock speed/core set-locked 1450 mhz.. max temp after 15mins in furmark with fans set to constant 60% is 78c some times hits 79c. hope i dont have to do the same thing to the 3070 card :x

Well, if you're getting the same clock/performance with lowering the power limit, it stands to reason that your card doesn't need the full 100% power to get there. I run into that quite frequently with high-end cards and putting a frame cap (144/165) on. I can lower a 3090 Ti to around 50% before the performance in my game starts to suffer, for example. A 3060 Ti is WAY faster than your 1060.

Please stop running Furmark. Loop 3DMark something or other or Unigine Superposition. It doesn't test squat... NV/AMD call it a power virus and suggest not to use it (for generations now).

Please stop running Furmark. Loop 3DMark something or other or Unigine Superposition. It doesn't test squat... NV/AMD call it a power virus and suggest not to use it (for generations now).
E-dawg is right. Just drop Furmark & slowly walk away. So many other options rather than the Bench that can literally break your hardware.

see its been to long, i dont even know what benchmarks to use for stress testing LOL.

the only reason i was using the fury donut in my other posts was to see max temp, not to bench. also because i know it'll produce a higher temp than the games i play...well should... at the time it was ok but i'm not sure if the fan was always dead or died recently because 93 in overwatch was way too much.

but its on the way to evga now, card looks stock with seals intact and all screws present and accounted for. i put the plastic shroud back on of course

Back