• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it just me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freeagent

Has anyone noticed if their P5K-D eats D9GMH? I only ask, because I recently purchased 4x1 gigs of gskill hz's, and already ive chewed a stick. I've had OCZ PC8500, OCZ PC8800, Ballistix 667 (3-3-3-12) and they are all dead. I was lucky to get a week or 5 out of them. However, I am running Gskill pc6400 D9GCT's, and they run like a champ, no problems with them whatsoever, and same with my single sided ballistix pc8500, they dont oc like crazy, but they run great, no problems at all. Im not mad that ive killed yet more ram, now i want to know why these gskills arent working properly, if its my board, or the nature of D9GMH, wich is to die. All of my ram has been actively cooled, never gets too warm. Same with the rest of my parts, i keep em cool.

the "new" gskills did 1000mhz 4-4-4-12 with only 2.2v :(

my "old" gskills run happily at 1115mhz 5-4-4-12 with 2.25v :)

but 4gb was nice :(

D9s are fickle friends. I've personally only had Ballistix... but I've seen a hell of a lot of Ballistix go down on ANY board.

check the memory section, they do die on different boards, not just that one.

yeah i know.. the gskills i bought from you 6 or 7 months ago are still running great, they have been at the speed in my sig for months at a time. the minute i throw gmh in there, they die within weeks, sometimes that day. some people love em, and swear by them, i just swear at them, pretty much.

Back